Our platform enables users to easily upload Revit project files that contain system families, drafting views, schedules, and loadable families. The process involves two steps. Firstly, you need to upload the rvt file to the "Rvt Container Files" folder. Then, our server processes the file and returns a list of available system families, drafting views, and loadable families. You can select the ones you need and insert them into specified tabs and subfolders.
Here are the steps to follow in order to upload a project file to Kiwicodes Cloud Storage and add families to a folder:
1. Open Cloud File Manager and choose "Rvt Container Files" from the list of special folders.
2. Click on the upload button located in the top toolbar and select your project file. In the dialog box, choose which versions of Revit you would like to upgrade your file to.
3. Wait for the file to upload to Kiwicodes Cloud Storage. Once the upload is complete, the dialog box will automatically close. Kiwicodes Cloud Server will process your file and notify you when the process is complete. This may take 2 to 5 minutes depending on the number and size of files and the server's current load.
4. Select an existing folder or create a new one where you want to add families from your container file.
5. The "Add from Container" button will become active in the right-hand pane toolbar. Click this button to open a dialog box with all available Rvt Container files and their associated families. Choose as many or as few as you want.
6. After selecting your desired families, click on the "Save Selection" button located in the top right corner to add them to your chosen folder. We will notify you when the process is complete, and you can close the dialog box.
7. If the folder has not already been assigned as a tab or sub folder, do that so that it is available to your end users in Revit.